Based on focus group input, our online training courses are designed specifically to meet the practice needs of only a limited number of specific professions, e.g., nurses, physicians, mental health professionals, etc.
However, many health care professionals need this training and MAY be required to complete it.
Until specific courses are developed for each of the major health professions, the following recommendations are made to assist you in selecting a course that should be a close match your practice needs. Courses are either 3 or 6+ hours in length. Some courses teach only screening and referral, where others include training in how to conduct a suicide risk assessment. Please read the course descriptions carefully before making your selection or call our Training Director for assistance.
Recommended best matches:
- Chiropractors: QPR for Physicians, PAs, and Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners
- Naturopaths: QPR for Physicians, PAs, and Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners
- Nurses at any level of training: QPR for Nurses
- Physical Therapists: QPR for Occupational Therapists (3 hour screening and referral certificate option)
- Dentists: QPR for Occupational Therapists (3 hour screening and referral certificate option)
- Pharmacists: QPR for Nurses
- Guidance Counselors: QPR Suicide Triage Training
- Pastoral Counselors: QPR Suicide Triage Training
- Hypnotherapists: QPR Suicide Triage Training
- Mental health case managers: QPR Suicide Triage Training
- Uncertain? Please call for guidance.
The QPR Institute will work with any profession to establish and meet continuing education requirements by your organization.